What's the role?
The role of the Purchase to Pay (PTP) Manager is responsible for leading, developing, and motivating the PtP team. This role will maintain the Purchase to Pay and Corporate Card processes in our finance shared service center for ten (9) + legal Hilti entities (North America and Latin America). In this role the team leader will ensure compliance with our Global Corporate Finance Manual and external accounting standards.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
What does the role involve?
- Develop a high-performing team that fosters diversity and inclusion, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, development, and Hilti North America performance Management (HPR discussions). Educate, inspire, develop and coach PtP employees & employees in the entities in scope to drive operational excellence & compliance.
- Ability to act as a business partner and influence finance and non-finance stakeholders and successfully communicate at any level of the organization.
- Analyze & steer the Purchase to Pay KPIs (key performance indicators) and derive improvements for the Purchase to Pay processes.
- Effectively manage cost, compliance & quality in the PtP function, acting as a business partner with Finance team (Heads of Finance, SSCs, Accounting, Procurement) to establish best in class PtP processes.
- Be a sparring partner for the FBPs by linking business decisions to PtP processes and by delivering and improving PtP services for the entities in scope (US, CAD, PR, Chile, Argentina, Mexico, Panama & Panama Regional office, and Plant 10 in Matamoros, Mexico).
- Responsible for Hilti North and Latin America's (9+ legal entities) supplier invoicing processes and the Corporate Card and Travel & Expense processes.
- Manage all month and year-end close activities related to the PtP function such as high-volume invoices and/or uploads, travel expense reports, Goods receipts and invoice receipts (GR/IR) monitoring; invoice issues, etc.
- Support the Global Team and contribute to all implementation initiatives and projects surrounding PtP. Define and maintain a robust backup plan for the team to ensure consistency and quality in delivering the agreed upon services to the entities in scope.
- Ensure compliance with group & indirect tax (VAT) requirements by operating and monitoring PtP related ICS (Internal Control System) controls, and contribute to internal and external audits for the PtP functions.
93% of our people say they’re proud to work for Hilti, thanks to the quality of our products and the way we look after our people.
What do we offer?
- Company-paid benefits are effective on your first day of employment
- Hybrid work environment for independent focus and team collaboration
- Education and professional certifications assistance
- Recognition: online, points-based recognition platform that helps team members recognize and reward one another
- Holidays, vacation, personal days, health and wellness days, and community service days to provide balance in your life
What you need is:
- Holistic understanding of Purchase to Pay (PtP) function incl. month end closing (MEC) & Year-end closing (YEC) tasks in the PtP area.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills, including the ability to structure presentations and present to the Finance Leadership team. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Strong passion for people and actively seeks to develop team members through an inspiring, persuasive and adaptive leadership style.
- Functional expertise in business, finance, E2E processes, x-functions with a strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills required. Must have a proactive mindset with a hands-on approach.
- Result-oriented, top performer who consistently meets and exceeds goals with a willingness towards continuous learning.
- Ability to work collaboratively with highly diverse teams and have an early adopter mentality.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the drive to make a difference. Analytically and conceptually savvy.
- Willingness to travel (limited to entity visits, process weeks,...) Must be geographically flexible; has an ambition to pursue an international career.
- Ability to adapt to and drive organization evolutions. Detail oriented, analytical, problem-solver with an inquisitive mindset and is improvement oriented.
Why should you apply?
Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.